I just figured out how to tweet a book from iBooks and attach a shot of the cover. I’m so proud of myself, technical inept that I am. I mean, if I can do it, anyone can, as long as you have access to iBooks. You can also tweet the book from iTunes but it’s not as cool—no cover photo attached.
- Go to the iBooks Store and find the book you want to tweet.
- Here’s one of mine. (I’m not trying to sell it, it’s free.)
- See the arrow next to Read below the cover? If you click on it, a drop down menu appears like the one below.
- Click on Twitter and this is what happens.
- Isn’t it cute? With the paperclip and all?
- See the number below the cover image? In this tweet, I have 64 characters left so I can add to the tweet if I want (Notice the cursor which I can place anywhere in the tweet and type).
- Click Send and that’s it. The tweet adds the book’s cover image to the tweet as well as to your Photos and Videos in Twitter.
In iTunes, follow the same path. Go to the store, the book, and click on the arrow to get the drop down menu. When you click Share On Twitter, you’ll get the basic tweet box.
I haven’t tried it yet in iBooks on my iPhone or iPad, but I don’t see why it won’t work as long as they’re running iOS7. Anyway, Happy Tweeting.